RETROVERTED UTERUS - CAUSES & SYMPTOMS
RETROVERTED UTERUS DEFINITIONFor understanding a retroverted uterus, you need to get the idea behind a regular uterus. Basically, the uterus, in its original position, is inclined towards the belly, in a forward direction.
A retroverted uterus is an opposite condition in which the uterus is tilted backwards and it points towards the rectum. A retroverted uterus is a common condition which is known to be present in a quarter of women and you would find that usually, the pregnancy and associated conditions are not full of too many complications. Also, a retroverted uterus does not pose too many problems in a regular case and you would find that you might face some small problems only and nothing major can be noticed in case of a retroverted uterus.
RETROVERTED UTERUS & PREGNANCYUsually, there is no relation between retroverted uterus and pregnancy and you would find that most of the times, women with a retroverted uterus can have a perfectly normal delivery without any complications. Ideally, a retroverted uterus does not interfere with a regular pregnancy and you would find that this condition goes away as soon as the pregnancy matures with time. After the initial 3 months, the uterus expands and comes out of the pelvis and stays in the regular forward tipper position for the remaining time of your pregnancy. However, in some cases, there might be a problem with the growth of uterus and the condition of incarcerated uterus might arise. Therefore, it is important that you conduct initial tests and find out if you are having a retroverted uterus or not.
|RETROVERTED UTERUS vs NORMAL UTERUS|
RETROVERTED UTERUS SYMPTOMS
Spotting early retroverted uterus
symptoms is important for you as these can help you identify if you
have a retroverted uterus and can help in treating it effectively.
- Basically, there are some simple symptoms of retroverted uterus and these can be easily spotted and diagnosed.
- You would find that retroverted uterus can lead to a painful intercourse and it can get particularly severe if the woman is on top in the activity.
- Further, since the tilt is towards the back in a retroverted uterus, back pain is extremely common in women with a retroverted uterus.
- Period pain is another problem which might arise with retroverted uterus and you should definitely highlight this condition at the earliest, to make sure that there is no problem in the future.
- Retroverted uterus and pregnancy usually don’t have any relation but in some cases, there might be some problems due to the condition